19 July 2010
Unique Facts About English....(must read)
Immediately, I gave some unique facts about the English language,Consider the following:
1. Stewardesses is the longest word that can be typed at the keyboard using only your left hand. While for the right hand, the lollipop is the longest.
2. There is no word in English that rhyme / rhymes with month, orange, silver, purple, angst and Scalp.
3. Dreamt is the only English word that end with the letters 'mt'.
4. Sentence The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog uses every letter in the alphabet.
5. The word racecar, kayak and level can be read back and forth from left to right or right to left.
6. There are only four words in the English language that ends with the syllable 'dous', namely: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
7. There are two words in the English language that uses all five vowels in sequence (a, e, i, o, u), namely: abstemious and facetious.
8. Typewriter is the longest word that can be typed using the letters contained in a single row on a keyboard (QWERTY row).
9. The most frequently used letters in English is the letter 'e'. This is a fact both in general English usage, in works of fiction and non-fiction, journalism, scripture and even Morse code!
10. For consonants, the most commonly used letter is the letter 't'.
11. Least used letter in English is 'q' - not 'z'.
12. Five-letter word most often appears as the first letter in the words of English - in sequence - is 't', 'o', 'a', 'w' and 'b'.
13. Nearly half of all English words ending by letters 'e', 't', 'd' and 's'.
14. The is the most frequently used words in English. If you do not believe it, try to speak English the right standard for five minutes without using the word 'the'.