No wish to cause controversy between Malaysia and Indonesia .. I just want to express my opinion about the relations between Malaysia and Indonesia. Hopefully the relationship between this country as there can be peace again.
There are interesting analysis of military observers, University of Indonesia, Andy Wijayanto, about the possibility of open war between Indonesia and Malaysia in the conflict area Ambalat Block waters. When Jakarta declared open war with our neighbors, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono should take into account the state alliance that will support these neighbor countries in the confrontation.
Andy revealed, Malaysia has a system of defensive alliance with England, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand. The alliance called the Five Power Defense Agreement (FPDA). One of the FPDA countries agreement is a clause that an attack on one member state is also an attack against another member state.
"Malaysia's stay request clause is activated. If agreed, it means our country must be prepared to fight also with the UK, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand which have a fighting force far more powerful and sophisticated," he explained after a discussion of the draft Defence and Security.
From the official website of the British High Commission, Kuala Lumpur, it is known that the FPDA was established in 1971 as a consulting agency and the anticipation of an attack on Singapore and Malaysia. When 30-year commemoration FPDA in November 2001, the five member states agreed to establish a long-term cooperation. One of them, agreements to support each other if any of its member countries that attacked another country. This year, the FPDA to focus his review on maritime security. With that focus, the possibility of four other countries to support Malaysia in the confrontation with Indonesia to be bigger.
It's not all. If our country is fighting Britain, the country most likely to request the article in five NATO (North Atlantic) enabled. Articles corresponding to the five FPDA NATO contract clause, which effectively said that the attack suffered by a Member State is considered offensive to other Member States and must face together. Therefore one could extend the meeting with Malaysia and Indonesia has to deal with NATO members.
"So, the effect will be successive. That is what must be considered carefully by the President before the declaration of confrontation with Malaysia. People must understand this is not so dark eyes urging war with Malaysia," said Andy.
0ther than that I take the comparison between the forces of Malaysia and Indonesia Military
State Military neighbor called the Royal army. At the beginning of its formation, the UK-made equipment widely used military country. Now they are using equipment from a number of countries, including Indonesia-made aircraft.
- A vessel equipped with cannons 20 mm diver
- Two fast ships transport team
- Four ships made patrol France com-rudal Exocet MM38 and Bofors guns
- 24 war ships stationed in four locations: Lumut, Sanur, Kuantan and Labuan. KD Karambit around Ambalat is one at any time based in Sandakan, Sabah.
- Two South Korean-made ships patrol equipped Creusot Loire 100 mm cannon, 30 mm Emerlac, and shield anti thickness diving. The ship is based in Kuantan
- Four aircraft are equipped rudal Swedia made Exocet MM38, 57 mm Bofors and 40 mm Bofors based.
- Four ships Frigate, two of which purchased the former Kingdom of Great Britain from the Navy.
- Six German-made ship Corvette - Four ships made mine patrol repellent Italy
- Two ships Multi Purpose Command and Support Ship made in Germany and South Korea
- The Sealift ships
- Two ships Hydro
2. Combat Aircraft
- F-5 E - Hawk MK108 based in Alor Setar, Kuantan, Labuan and
- Hawk MK-208, based in Alor Setar, Kuantan, Labuan and
- Eight F/A-18D based in Alor Setar
- Mig-29 based in Kuantan
- SU-30 based in Kuantan
- F-28 based in Kuala Lumpur
- Falcon, based in Kuala Lumpur - Beech 200T based in Kuala Lumpur
- C-130H, based in Kuala Lumpur
- CN-235 based in Kuala Lumpur
- S61A-4 based in Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Labuan
- AS61N-one based in Kuala Lumpur
- S70A-34 personnel based in Kuala Lumpur
3. The number of armed soldiers of all: 196 042 (2002)
- Budget military per year: USD, 69 trillion (2.03 percent of GDP)
Embargo on the purchase of military equipment from the U.S. to build military equipment to fall out of Indonesia. Newest fighter plane, Sukhoi SU-27 SK and SU-30 MK Russian-made, one still missing had no weapons. As of 12 combat aircraft "mainstay", the F-16, two of whom had fallen and only eight are ready to fly.
1. Aircraft and Heli
- Eight Hawk MK 109 based in Pekanbaru, Pontianak
- 32 Hawk MK 209 based in Pekanbaru, Pontianak
- Six CN235 based at Halim
- Eight F27-400m based at Halim
- SF260MS/WS based at Halim
- Seven-400m F27 aircraft
- C-130H-30 based at Halim
- EC 120B
- 12 units Heli Bell 47G-3B-1 based at kalijati
- Five F-16a based in Madison
- Five F-16B based in Madison
- F-5E based in Madison
- F-5F based in Madison
- Based in Madison Hawk Mk53
- Two Su-27SK based in Makassar
- Two Su-30MK based in Makassar
- NC212M-100/200 based in Malang
- Ce 401A based in Malang
- Ce 402A based in Malang
- 10 Bronco OV-10F aircraft in Malang Warship
- 114 fleet of various types (third for routine operations, a third for training, and the remainder for maintenance) Personnel
2. The number of soldiers (all forces): 250 thousand people
The military budget per year: U.S. $ 1 trillion (1.3 percent of GDP)
Here are some reasons that underlie this nation can not be firmly what else declared war against Malaysia ..